It’s been exactly two months since I’ve done a Quick Takes post, in fact the last one was done for my birthday back in April. I’m linking up with Jen to let you know what I’ve been up to in the last two months…
1.) I signed my life away….okay, not my life but my month of July, to write a 50,000 word novel. More on that in the days to come!
- Something Other Than God by Jennifer Fulwiler – The story of a staunch atheist’s conversion to Christianity. Jennifer has a way of telling her story that is just so compelling. Once I started this book I could not put it down.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – I was pretty late to the party with this one, but after getting a free sample of it for my Kindle, I just had to read the rest, and I was not disappointed (have tissues nearby just in case)
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell – I absolutely loved this book! It was the first one I had on my list and I finished it in two days. Just like with TFiOS, I was so wrapped up in the story that I couldn’t put it down.
- Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella – I’d never read anything by this author, but I picked this up at Barnes and Noble from their “Blind Date With a Book” table. I was not disappointed! (the language can be a little salty sometimes…beware)
- Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella – recommended by Janssen at Everyday Reading this book had me laughing so hard the whole way through! (It’s Kinsella, again the language can be a bit iffy)
- I’ve Got Your Number also by Kinsella – another one that Janssen recommended. I am only a few chapters into it, and I think I should have read Twenties Girl
- Growing Up Duggar: It’s All About Relationships by Jana, Jill, Jesssa, and Jinger Duggar – this one was so good! It was (as the title suggests) all about relationships; your relationship with yourself, your family, your parents, your friends, guys, and the Lord. Very well written, and very interesting to hear some of the struggles that the four eldest Duggar girls have faced.