I turned 20 today….holy cow, I’m not a kid any more! I kinda love this! So in honor of my 20th, here are 20 things you
need to may not know about me:
- I’m an only child. I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned that here, but I am and I love it! I have lots of cousins, and a huge extended family so I don’t feel like I ever missed out on a “Sibling Experience”. I had plenty of pseudo-siblings and at the end of the day we each went to separate houses…..perfect!
- I’m a Pastor’s Daughter. The year that I graduated from High School, my dad was ordained in the Church of the Nazarene….and I am so incredibly PROUD of him!
- My dream when I was little was to be Belle at Disneyland! I thought that would be THE coolest job ever! I mean come on, it’s basically playing dress-up on a daily basis and you get to make a bunch of kids’ dreams come true….how awesome is that!
- I fall in love too easily, and sometimes with fictional characters…..Mr. Darcy if I’m being specific.
- More than anything, I want to be a wife and mother. I know a lot of girls say this, but seriously. That is what my goal is. I don’t push it though. I’m waiting on God. I know that somewhere he has a man ready for me…and God is making me ready for whoever that man may be.
- I do a lot of sewing projects, as I’m sure you’ve noticed…..I have to confess something. I can’t sew a straight line, even on the machine. I cheat and have a hair tie around the arm of my machine so as to better guide my fabric and (hopefully) keeps my seams straight.
- Here, at number seven I’m kind of wishing I was 7 years old again because I don’t know if I can come up with more things……..we’ll see.
- I’m a list make. I make lists for anything and everything. When I pack for vacations I have a list. When I get to work in the mornings I write down everything I know that I need to do that day…..and keep the list with me until it’s done. I add to them, I cross stuff off…..I love lists! They keep me organized, and they kind of keep me from losing my mind (except this one of course).
- I like to dress up. Not in costume or anything like that, but I love getting dressed up for formal events, or just for everyday stuff. I just feel….good….when I am dressed up.
- I hate wearing make-up. I don’t wear it often, and when I do I don’t; foundation and some blush is about it for me. Have you seen my profile picture? No make-up.
- I have naturally curly hair….and I’m learning to embrace it. I used to straighten every morning, at least until I started college. Then it was just easier to leave it curly……I haven’t straightened in about a month, that is a huge step for me.
- I love all things Disney. The movies, music, trivia….LOVE!
- Next to Beauty and the Beast my favorite Disney movie is the Aristocats. I have always loved that movie!
- I watch old TV reruns; The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Cosby Show, Sports Night, The West Wing……I find them on Netflix, or on network TV most times they’re better than what is on anyway.
- I never miss an episode of NCIS, NCIS:LA, or Castle.
- I’m totally ignorant when it comes to pop culture.
- I love to write.
- I love to do the research for my writing. Whether it’s for my classes, or for writing fiction. I LOVE IT!
- I love to fish. I haven’t fished in about five years, but I love it….and need to do it soon.
- I will not buy a book at the store if the cover is a picture of the movie adaptation. It is a rule that I follow, and have only broken once.
|On a fishing trip…many years ago!|