It’s FRIDAY! and that means that it’s time for yet another installment of 7 Quick Takes. I’ll be joining Jen and the others, over at Conversion Diary like I always do…go read the others and add your link!
1. My last QT post was all about Black Friday….I know that I said I wasn’t doing any shopping that day, well….I was wrong. I ended up at a bookstore to buy gift cards for those people on my list that don’t like anything. While I was in line my attention was drawn to a display of Christmas CD’s and I just HAD to add another one to my collection. I picked up A Capella group Straight No Chaser’s CD, Holiday Spirits. You absolutely HAVE to check these guys out, they will blow you away! Here, let me show you….
2. My actual Christmas shopping is done….technically. I’m doing homemade gifts, so I don’t consider buying paint, embroidery floss, or canvases to be “Christmas Shopping”. I have one cross stitch project finished, another one started, and two finished paintings….however, my list keeps growing! I still have to start another cross stitch project, and a few small sewing projects. I really hope I’m not cutting it too close this year!
3. We had our first combined rehearsal for Messiah this week. Our church choir will be singing along with four area high schools (one of which is my Alma Mater), and a local Chorale. I know that it’s only been a few years since I graduated, and my former director is still there, but man did I feel old! I may only be a few years older, but a lot can change in those few years….
4. I really forgot how much fun it was to sing Messiah….it was four years ago when I did it last, this time I feel like I know what I’m doing, and I SOUND like I know what I’m doing! I’m having a great time being a part of something that is so special to our community.
5. In addition to singing in Messiah , I will be playing in the orchestra for our church’s Christmas concert the next weekend. This is what I love! As much as enjoy praising God with my voice, when I can glorify him through song, and play my horn….that is what truly brings me joy!
6. I signed up to bring an appetizer to my staff Christmas party. I thought to myself “oh, this’ll be great! I have all kinds of recipes pinned to Pinterest!” This thought, all though true, turned out to be quite misguided. The majority of the recipes that I have pinned are deserts….so any suggestions on something that is easy, and can feed a crowd would be quite appreciated!
7. Winter Semester ends in THREE WEEKS!!! It’s not like I’m counting or anything : )
7a. Advent begins this Sunday, I want to wish you all a wonderful advent season!