I’m joining Jen at Conversion Diary for the highlight of my blogging week, go see her at Conversion Diary, and add your link!
Now, on with the takes:
1. Black Friday shopping is non-existent in this family….we just don’t do it. On Black Friday, we turn up the Christmas Music, and pull out the decorations.
2. We put up the Christmas tree accompanied by the voices of Bing Crosby, Michael Buble, and the fabulous A Capella group Straight No Chaser….just to name a few.
3. Once the tree is up, we turn OFF the Christmas music, and the DVD collection of HBO’s Band Of Brothers comes out. We watch as many of these as we can on Friday, and if we can’t finish we make a weekend out of it and watch the rest on Saturday.While Band of Brothers is playing we put up the lights, garland, and ornaments. (This is one of our family traditions, started a few years ago when one of our TV networks started showing B.o.B….now we do it each year).
4. Tonight, we will be turning off the lamps and overhead lights, and plugging in each and every Christmas light in our house. We will pop popcorn, and settle in to watch Sherlock Holmes 2: Game of Shadows. Black Friday does NOT have to include department store brawls and/or shopping at midnight! : )
If you are a BF Deal Hunter I would love to know how you fared today! Did you get what you set out for? What time did you start?? Do you have any BF traditions??
5. The first snow of the season is finally upon us! We were just sitting down to part two of B.o.B and the snow was blowing like crazy outside….I love this time of year. Watching the snow fall, the glow of Christmas lights, the sound of Christmas music, and the sweet smells of sugar cookies and cinnamon…to me, that says winter. I have a few days off from school that I will spend with my family doing who-knows-what….and I will certainly be enjoying it.
6. The winter village is up, as is the Nativity. Now, I will be putting lights up in the rest of the windows, and possibly fixing myself some hot chocolate, and watching Mary Poppins on ABC Family