Dad went to the pantry Saturday night, and between his odd mumblings about this college team, or that team…he mentioned something about there being nothing in the house for a snack. I, being the Pinterest addict that I am, set about clicking through my boards for that pin that I pinned just for an instance like this….Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug. YUM!
Here is what you need so you can make it yourself…..
1. Melt one tablespoon of butter in your mug(s)
2. To the butter add one tablespoon each WHITE and BROWN sugar
3. Add one egg YOLK , a few drops of vanilla, and a dash of salt
4. Stir this mixture together, just like you would if you were making a full batch, you’d cream all of these ingredients together then add the dry stuff.
5. Next, add one quarter of a cup of flour to the butter, sugar, egg mixture.
6. Finally, stir in two tablespoons of chocolate chips (but seriously, that’s just a suggestion, I ALWAYS use more than that!)
To cook: For one minute cook on high heat in your microwave.
You can top it with just about anything; vanilla ice cream, cool whip, even peanut butter would be good. The possibilities are endless! Just have fun with it!
I topped ours with FROZEN Cool Whip, it was so YUMMY! It was a hit with the family too….I will definitely be making these again!