You know the drill! I’m joining Jen and the others over at Conversion Diary for the highlight of my Friday….
Seven Quick takes…let’s get to it!
1. Monday, I registered for my winter classes. I will be doing the winter semester entirely on-line, which allows me to pick up more hours at work! Praise the Lord for that!
2. My classes for the winter will be Child Psychology
and Nutrition and Diet Therapy
. I’m looking forward to Psychology the most. I have had two previous psych classes that I absolutely LOVED and this one I feel will be lots of fun! Nutrition is a necessary punishment that I have to put myself through for the nursing program….we shall see how this one goes.
3. Sign language is more and more fun every day…I can not only introduce myself and my educational background, but I can tell you that I like to knit, my favorite drink is Pepsi, and that I don’t like orange juice….this is progress people!
A little ASL Humor!
4. Stomach Flu hit our abode this week….well, actually what we call stomach flu is really Gastroenteritis,not connected to the flu at all I won’t go into details ’cause it’s not pretty. I’ll just bet that you all wanted to learn about that today right?!
5. I started my Christmas shopping on Wednesday! I didn’t get much, just a cookbook for a family member who may or may not be reading this, and coffee mugs for a few others. My plan is to start working on all of my homemade gifts while I am off for Thanksgiving break….hopefully I can stick to that plan…we’ll see : )
6. I voted in my FIRST Presidential election on Tuesday. I Won’t disclose who I voted for, but I will say this…No matter who our leader is, we need to lift them up in prayer, regardless of if we agree with their opinion or not. It’s easy to be hateful when you get disappointed, but as a Christian I know that people are watching me, and that I can set an example with my actions and my attitude. Sorry to get all political on you, but that’s how I’m feeling with all of this post-election stuff but these are my opinions, and we just need to remember that God is in control, he is still working in our nation, and he will guide us through.
7. Thanksgiving is 13 days away…..how will you be celebrating? What is your favorite Thanksgiving side dish? Do you have any special traditions? Let me know in the comments! I like to hear from my readers, there may not be many, but I do like to hear from you! : )
Have a great weekend everyone!